Thursday, July 19, 2018

Lessons


This morning Becky and Kami came over for sewing lessons. Today we made Origami pouches. I've made plenty of these before, but never one this small. I followed a different tutorial that does not require any hand sewing. It's a nice little bag, but I think I might go back to the tutorial I've always used in the past from Quiltsalott so that I can have a slightly bigger bag.


I experimented with Tamie Alliss's Beaded Bloom today. I tried one less ring. Yesterday's looked a little squished to me, and this one looks a little stretched. I'm going to keep experimenting until I find what works for me.


Dave finished work early today, so we went over to daughter Carol's house to start cutting down one of the two dead trees left in her yard. Dave, Carol, Nick, Jon, and Alex worked on the tree for about three hours, while I supervised.

When we got home, I finished another Masquerade motif for my doily. I started an Ice Drop at Carol's, but I didn't have a crochet hook with me for joining. I did try to join using the pick on the shuttle, but I kept shredding the thread. I figured it was better to give up than to ruin the thread!
SaveSave

10 comments:

  1. Bags of all kinds are fun and I took had a problem with the bead, the chains seem too loose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My chains were way to loose on my first one. I just made sure I snugged them up good after that. Now I need to make the rings work for me!

      Delete
  2. So will you change the stitch count on the bloom? I like making origami pouches, think I must check out the quilters one more closely, thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question! I'm not sure where to add stitches if I do change the stitch count, and I don't want to make it too big. I think I might try tatting a few without beads first.

      Delete
  3. The Masquerade mat is looking good. The colour choice is good as it will fit in with any colour scheme. I love projects like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those Handy Hands thread packs! I don't have to choose the colors!

      Delete
  4. You can craft a half decent hook if you have a paper clip and a pair of needle nose pliers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, Carol had neither of these items, although I consider them to be a necessity!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!