Thursday, July 26, 2018

Peppers!


Dave brought in the first of our peppers this morning. I set aside three for daughter Carol, cut up two for our dinner tonight, and prepared the rest for freezing. Yum!


I was very happy to complete a Masquerade motif with no mistakes. I think this is going to be perfect!


Five more spool pin doilies are ready for Mom's table decorations!


As for dinner... it was delicious! We had fried peppers and onions, and a salad of cucumbers, tomatoes, broccoli, and cabbage... all from our garden. No, we didn't eat it all. It was way too much food. We both finished our peppers and onions. Dave ate about half of his salad, and I didn't touch mine. The good news is, I have lunch ready for tomorrow!

7 comments:

  1. Your doily and pin doilies are wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic to be able to eat from your garden! And freeze produce too, so that you'll still be able to do that when the season is over. Masquerade is going to be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love eating fresh from the garden. The season doesn't last nearly long enough for me!

      Delete
  3. What a coincidence! I had the same for lunch y'day (with homemade cottage cheese and tomatoes & beans thrown in as well) - not from my garden though ;-P
    Beautiful spool doilies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried homemade cottage cheese... sounds yummy!

      Delete
  4. You have put your organizational skills to good use in sorting and storing those colorful vegetables! Congratulations on such a great harvest! Around here, folks who grow vegetables have to put up extensive fencing to keep out deer, rabbits, groundhogs etc., which is amazing since we're in suburbia!


    Our original neighbors in the '70s and '80s had a large plot of land adjacent to our small lot, and every year it was amazing to 'watch their garden grow', especially the corn stalks. They definitely were out there every day tending to it. Actually, it exhausted me to observe them!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!