Monday, August 27, 2018

Busy weekend

Daughter Alison called Friday morning to ask if she and the kids could come visit for the weekend. Of course I said yes! We hadn't seen them since daughter Joanne's visit in June. Between their activities and ours, there just hasn't been a good time to get together.

We had a great time shopping, looking at houses, cooking, and enjoying each other's company. The weekend just flew by!


Lucky me... I am a test tatter for one of Robin Perfetti's new bookmark patterns! This is Five Petals Bookmark, and I love it! There was a challenge in this one for me. I had to learn to do a Catherine Wheel join. Luckily, there are some wonderful YouTube videos to help with the learning process. I used the one by my dear friend Marilee Rockley. I'm quite pleased with my results!


After taking my first picture, I remembered that I had purchased bookmark sleeves on Amazon a while back. Since I'm planning on giving bookmarks as Christmas presents this year, I thought the sleeves might be a good idea. The tatting will stay clean and the recipients won't have to worry so much about how to care for their bookmarks.

I think I'll start another bookmark tonight!

20 comments:

  1. Your bookmark turned out fabulous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the pattern! I'm looking forward to trying the others in the book.

      Delete
  2. Robin's patterns are so attractive. You did a great job, and the tassel is perfect.

    The sleeves are a good idea! I have always used them, and I usually put a piece of thin card stock behind the tatting to help emphasize the design (not glued down). On the back of the cardstock you can put a sticker or write 'From' 'To' - or 'Happy Birthday' or other greeting, and explain that it's tatted lace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about using card stock, but I don't have any on hand. I may have to go shopping!

      Delete
  3. Lovely bookmark - Love the clear sleeve idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The more I look at it in the sleeve, the more I like it!

      Delete
  4. Love the bookmark, and I also love the book you have it shown with. It’s one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bookmark sleeve is an excellent way to protect and show off your lovely bookmark.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful bookmark! And in the manner of Louis in Casablanca "I’m shocked, shocked I say, to find that you have been ordering things from Amazon!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to brush up and Marilee's is the best huh :) I didn't realize that your pattern had this wheel in it too, we had fun didn't we :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yea, the book mark is great and where do you find the cover?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beaitful bookmark, I have just finished mine from Robin, I must say they are beautiful patterns and a joy to tat.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!