Thursday, August 23, 2018

Sharing

I love sharing with others, especially when I know my gift will be appreciated. Recently, my friend Sherry Townsend asked if I would make her an Origami pouch with Irish themed fabric. Of course! Then she asked if I'd be willing to try making a smaller matching bag to hold shuttles. Why not?


Sherry received her package yesterday and set up this beautiful display to take a picture for me. Yes, I forgot to take a picture of the bags before mailing them off to her. Maybe I'll learn to take pictures some day. ;-)

The beautiful doily in the picture is Sherry's Corona, designed by Ben Fikkert. Isn't it gorgeous? Sherry's planning on taking her new bags with her to Palmetto Tat Days. I'll be interested to find out if they meet her expectations as she uses them over the next few weeks. Right now, she loves them, which makes me very happy!


I managed to tat one Ice Drop before heading off to school today. I also worked on my grandson's Granny Square afghan this morning. I hope to have it finished in the next week, because I've found another pattern I want to try out!


Mom's been busy weaving, and this morning she sent me a photo of this beautiful scarf she just finished. I'm in the mood to weave, but I must finish crocheting Janko's afghan. I think I might have a few too many interests... nah!

7 comments:

  1. There’s never enough time for all the things we’d like to do, but too many interests? Nah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bag!! And Ice Drop!! :)
    Too many fun things or interesting things to do and not enough time with all the regular stuff to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure are a busy lady! Love seeing all the projects you are working on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh what a feast of beautiful items you are showing us. The bags are beautiful. Can't get over that amazing scarf that your mum wove, so my colours it just flew out of the Computer at me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still in shock reading that you are are now back in school every day! Sounds like a great assignment, and I know it won't interfere at all with your hobbies! You seem to have plenty of energy and discipline to do several things in one day! I'm sure they are delighted to have you back!

    Your mother's scarf is gorgeous! She's an expert weaver! And that's an amazing bag you made for Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your top picture and all but I recognize the wonderful doily from Ben tucked under it all!
    that scarf is fantastic your mom is great!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!