Sunday, August 19, 2018

Tollway Tatters

We had a lovely day yesterday!


Sue was working on her gorgeous rainbow doily.


Carrie worked on adorable hair pins.


Denise was focused on Turtle Ice Drops from Wally Sosa's new book, Itty Bitty Zoo.


Carolyn has been wanting to join us for a while, and was finally able to make the trip yesterday. She brought lots of goodies to share and show.

 
Carolyn and her husband made her shuttle winders. She said she always uses them. I have a shuttle winder from England, but I haven't used it in years.


These are pieces Carolyn has made for crowns. She tats over a fine wire along with the core thread so that they don't fall over.


When I first met Carolyn years ago, she told me about her wire tatting. I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but it is beautiful!


She's also an Ice Drop Addict and brought along some of her beautiful pieces.

I worked on my Renulek Wiosna 2018, but didn't think to take any pictures.


Carrie had to leave early for a wedding. She was brave and asked a young man to take a group photo for us.

All in all, it was a lovely time. I was tired when I got home, so read in stead of tatting or blogging.


Today I focused on finishing up the last of Mom's spool pin doilies. I hope to get them in the mail tomorrow.

I finished reading The Forgotten Seamstress by Liz Trenow. I guess the ending correctly, but I didn't mind because the author unfolded the secret beautifully.

I'm on to my next book, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. I had watched the movie last week when Mom recommended it to me. The book is written as a series of letters between the characters in the book, which makes it very easy to read bits and pieces as time allows.

I managed a little sewing today, but I can't show pictures. I want the recipient to be surprised!

7 comments:

  1. You are an industrious group! Wow, wire tatting is interesting and the spool winder too. Nice green! I loved the Guernsey book. I read it a long time ago, I should reread it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was an awesome day!!! All of the tatters lift my spirits and it seems like a mini vacation!
    Great mini doilies!!! :) What's next? Ice Drops??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get back to Ice Drops! My supply is getting dangerously low!

      Delete
  3. Another great gathering - it’s nice to have photos of the groups - we usually forget. Wire tatting sounds very interesting. I loved the Guernsey book - now I need to see the movie.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!