Wednesday, September 19, 2018

AWOT - Absent without tatting

Well, to be precise, very little tatting!


My friend Amy's dad is the local veterinarian. Amy's mom asked if I would make new curtains for the clinic, and I was happy to help out. As all of you know, any task we undertake requires time. So, I set aside the past few days for making curtains. Isn't the fabric adorable?


The Tollway Tatters now have an official shuttle, thanks to our dear friend Rita Richmond of Shuttle by Design! Rita designed a logo for us about a year ago.

For those of you who have never been to Illinois, there were seven oases spanning the toll roads. The one near O'Hare Airport was scheduled for demolition, but since I haven't headed north in a while, I'm not sure of that has happened yet. The Illinois state flower is the violet, and the state bird is the cardinal. I love the way tatting has "crowned" the TWT logo! When I asked Rita if she'd be able to design a shuttle for us, I never dreamed she'd come up with something so wonderful!


Knowing that we wear tie-dyed t-shirts so that we can be easily identified, Rita painted a tie-dye design on the back of the shuttles. Her attention to detail is amazing!

Rita does not have these shuttles posted on her site, but you can order them from her (shuttlebydesign@gmail.com). In fact, we would feel honored if you chose to order a shuttle that commemorates our little group! The Moonlit shuttles have a hook and are $22. The shuttles without hooks are ones that Rita makes herself, and they are $27. I love both styles!

By the way, Tollway Tatters will be meeting this Saturday, September 22, at the Hinsdale Oasis on 294. We meet at 10 a.m. and stay until somewhere between 2 and 3. If you're in the Chicago area, we would love to have you join us!


I thought I had missed out on these adorable little Tatting Fairy shuttles. I was caught up in tatting, decorating bottle caps, and other miscellaneous tasks. Luckily, I went to Rita's site anyway and I found there were still some available! I think we can all use a little fairy dust in our lives!


You know that I couldn't go completely tat free. I finished another Disney princess this morning. This one is with size 20 Liz Metallic Turquoise Blue. I think I'm going to have some very happy granddaughters!

9 comments:

  1. That’s a really special shuttle, designed especially for your group. I like the fairy shuttles too. The fabric is perfect for a vet’s surgery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a special shuttle, and I was very excited when Rita agreed to design one for our group!

      Delete
  2. Are Moonlits the ones which are bigger? Wanda has inspired a very beaded project for me and i could could get this and do my project. I've always wanted to go to TWT.....honorary member?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Moonlits are longer and have a hook. Rita's shuttles are taller. For working with beads, I like Rita's shuttles. We'd love for you to be an honorary Tollway Tatter!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful shuttles and gorgeous ice drop.
    Those curtains will look lovely in the vets

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dont know where to begin I love it all 💕

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!