Thursday, October 25, 2018

Play week

It's play week, and that means lots of hustle and bustle around here. This week I've been repairing rental costumes, helping put together props and costumes made by those supporting the drama club, fetching meals for Madame Director, running off programs... anything and everything that is asked of me. My responsibilities have expanded with retirement!


We had a glorious sunrise this morning. I wish my phone camera could catch the true beauty. Maybe it can, and I just don't know enough about photography!


With the hope of achieving my goal of an afghan for each grandchild for Christmas, I started the Virus Blanket for Lily. I really like Fiber Spider's video tutorials. They're so clear and easy to follow. I now have this pattern down pat, so I'm carrying it with me and crocheting whenever I get the chance. This pattern works up much more quickly than the one I just finished for Ella. The yarn is Lion Brand Mandala that I found on clearance at Walmart last year. I love clearance sales!


Yes, my tatting still travels with me. This is destined to be a snowflake, but I need to take out the last ring I tatted. It wasn't time for a ring! I have an idea of what I want the next round to look like so that this looks like a snowflake. We'll see if I'm able to tat what I envision!

4 comments:

  1. Great sunrise picture!! I have trouble capturing the beauty of sunrises and sunsets myself.
    I love the design of that afghan!!!!! :)
    I just know your snowflake will be awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assume you are going to 'reduce'the number of points from 12 to six. Will be interesting to see your design. I'm still intrigued that you are getting as many as 12 rings around the bottlecap.

    I'm still wondering how that the yarn changes color at the exact right 'time', as you choose different kinds of afghans to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that afghan - what a great goal! Have fun with all those play responsibilities - you are one busy lady in retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that afghan, good luck getting it done, you’ve made great progress already. Yes, it’s hard to capture a wonderful sunrise.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!