Monday, October 15, 2018

Tollway Tatters

Tollway Tatters will meet this Saturday, October 20, at 10 a.m. We meet at the Hinsdale Oasis on 294, and we usually stay until around 3 p.m. We're easy to spot... look for tie-dye t-shirts and lots of tatting supplies! If you're in the Chicago area, we would love to have you join us!

The weekend turned out to be very busy for us. Early Saturday morning, Dave and I headed to my sister's house to pick up a sectional sofa for Alison. Alison met us there. It's a good thing. My sister's husband was sick in bed, and Dave had hurt his back a few days before, so it was up to us girls to move the furniture. We did a pretty good job!

Luckily, Dave's back doesn't bother him when he's standing or walking. So, he worked on smoothing out spots on Eva's bedroom wall, and then did some painting. Alison and I did some organization in the basement, living room, and garage. We were able to accomplish quite a bit, and Dave and I were home by 7 p.m.

With helping Alison move and visiting Mom in Alabama, I hadn't done any shopping in weeks. So, yesterday ended up being a shopping day. Our coffee maker and toaster both decided to stop working. I love my morning coffee (as does Dave), and Dave always has toast on the weekends. We were also seriously low on food staples. Shopping really wears me out, so by the time I finished all the shopping chores, I was done.

I did crochet a little yesterday, but I didn't make enough progress to show pictures. I'll be subbing today and tomorrow. Today I'm subbing in language arts, and I know the teacher has work all laid out for the students. That means I should be able to get a little tatting time in. However, tomorrow I'm subbing in p.e. I will be spending my time avoiding flying tennis balls, so I'm pretty sure I won't be tatting!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a super busy weekend!! I hope you get a little rest throughout the week!! And I hope Dave's back heals quickly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just made plans for Saturday or I might shown up! Alison is very lucky to have such parents. Watch out for tennis balls, I can’t imagine agreeing to subbing for p.e.!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!