Sunday, November 11, 2018

Keeping it simple


I haven't had much time to work on crafting for the past few days, so I decided to keep this bottle cap Ice Drop simple. I felt the need to complete something! I don't know if you can see the peacock design in the cabochon, but it's really very pretty!

Friday was Grandparents' Day at school, and I was subbing for the music teacher. I managed to crochet a little bit on my Waffle Stitch Blanket, but no significant progress was made.

Yesterday was the dodgeball tournament fundraiser, organized by daughter Carol and one of the fourth grade teachers. In June, approximate 40 people (students, parents, and teachers) are taking a ten day trip to Europe! That's a pretty good sized group for our little town. To help the kids with the cost of the trip, some fundraisers have been planned. I was happy to help with this one. I didn't get to watch any of the dodgeball tournament, but I had great fun working in the concession stand. Any student going on the trip who chose to work at this fundraiser gets to share the proceeds. The kids were able to raise $1,600! I'm not sure how many of the kids were working, but I'm sure they appreciate the support received from the community!

5 comments:

  1. Impressive fund raising! Simple is good, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful sounds that grandparents' day! We don't have any. And the fundraising it's very educative, too. I like a lot the basic version of the ice drop, simple is the best.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!