What an adventure! I was stung by a wasp after I posted on Friday. I really was minding my own business, and a wasp should not have been in the house. I was sweeping the floor when I felt something on the back of my neck. I brushed it away and didn't think any more of it. I have a long handled dust pan, and when I went to empty it I grabbed a different part of the handle. Apparently, the wasp followed me and landed on the handle... right where I grabbed it!
Boy, did that hurt! I put ice on it right away, and elevated my hand. I could not believe how much my finger swelled, and when the pain of the sting eased, it itched like crazy... for two days! I tried every remedy I could find. I wasn't taking any chances!
At the same time the wasp stung me, I managed to cut my pinky finger on a rough spot on the dust pan handle. I didn't even know there was a rough spot!


Sorry to hear you’ve been in the wars! A wasp sting is no joke. I hope life becomes less adventurous for a while!
ReplyDeleteOh no!!! What a terrible time you had! I pray everything heals well!!!
ReplyDelete~Sue(Tatting Lace in Grace)
What a string of bad luck! Oh, I hope all of the injuries heal quickly for you.
ReplyDeleteNext time you get stung, hopefully never, grab some yarrow, chew it us and swallow a little. This will stop the swelling. Spit out the rest and put it on the sting. Put a band aid on top of the sting to keep the yarrow in place . This will instantly take the sting away.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear of your sting and slice!! Perhaps the liquid bandage would help the slice. Time to catch up on some reading!!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Or browse on line - did you see Martha Ess new book?
ReplyDeleteYes, I did!
DeleteThanks for sharing your knowledge. Articles like this help the industry grow through better education.
ReplyDelete