Mom and I have been enjoying the sunroom. Mom has been busy weaving and knitting, and I've been sewing! This morning I made six more lavender packs and two pocket tissue holders. Believe it or not, these are all spoken for! Luckily, I have supplies to make more!
Why is it that one accomplishes more when there is a fellow crafterworking on their project in the same room?! đŸ’•
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure, but the motivation sure is abounding here!
DeleteThey are so pretty, no wonder they are all spoken for! I love the smell of lavender,luckily we have several plants in the garnden.
ReplyDeleteLavender does not thrive in our garden, and that makes me a bit wistful. We've tried planting it several times. One little plant lasted three years. I had dreams of making lavender sachets and wands. I do make them, just not with homegrown lavender!
Delete2 Busy bees in the sunroom! I am sure it's great to have company when crafting!!! :)
ReplyDeleteIt is wonderful!
DeleteOh Diane what a shame you can't grow lavender. Is it a lack of water as we have to keep ours very well watered? I remember that whilst on holiday in Yorkshire we visited a lavender farm and had a 'cuppa' accompanied by a lavender scone - which I can recommend!
ReplyDeleteTo be honest, I never researched to see what conditions are good for lavender. My approach to gardening has always been to have Dave plant and then hope for the best. Maybe I need to use a little TLC! I haven't made scones in a while. Lavender scones sound wonderful!
DeleteAlthough I love the plant lavender, I cant stand the smell, I have a lavender plant in my garden but i wont go near it for the smell, they say its helps with headaches, if I smell it with a headache the headache would be worse. Your sewing looks lovely and great colours of fabric.
ReplyDeleteI understand what you're saying, Margaret. When I was teaching, a friend of mine would put lavender oil on my temples when I had a headache. I couldn't stand the smell of it! However, dried lavender is very soothing to me. Some scents can really set me off, and my husband can't smell a thing!
Delete