Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Stormy weather

We had some terrible stormy weather today, with tornado warnings at 10:30 this morning.

We had several large tree branches come down, and we were without power for about six hours.


Our damage was minor. My daughter's friend in Indiana had a tree fall on her house. Most of the house is destroyed.

As of 4:30 this afternoon 95% of Lake County, Indiana was without powers. This has been an unbelievable summer for storms.


Luckily, I got a little bit of crafting time before the storm blew in and knocked out the electricity. I was so happy that I managed to join the binding properly this time.


It is fun to see how the quilting designs look on the back.

I only have one more block to join to this strip. I think I'll probably try joining the first two strips together before moving on to the third strip. 

Let's hope that we're through with stormy weather for a while!

3 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, that’s scary. I hope there are no more storms for a while. Your blocks look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I am a bit caught up(didn't read everything) on your blog now. Lots of fantastic quilts!!!! :) Of course I love seeing all your crafts!!
    That Criss Cross bookmark looks like a challenging one, but it looks like what you have gotten done is great!! :)
    Your mom is a beautiful lady!! :)
    Have a fantastic rest of your week!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tornados terrify me! But then, earthquakes aren't fun and games and fires can really crimp your style!! Let's hope for no more disasters to impact our tatting time!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!