Wednesday, February 1, 2012

In a funk?

All I wanted to do was tat a cross bookmark. I've tatted "Christina" from Tatted Bookmarks - cross-shaped by Lene Bjorn several times. After two failed attempts...


I switched to "Maria."


I know where the mistakes are, even if you can't see them!

I also struggled with "Adiratna" from Elegant Tatting Gems by Jon Yusoff.


I'm not quite sure where I went wrong, but it's just not quite right.

Maybe I should take a hint from Fox and try tatting in a solid color!

9 comments:

  1. The single colour worked for me! Finally, I just finished Stellar, though I had to un-tat about six times!

    That last one looks fine to me... I can't see where you erred and I have been staring at it for about a minute.

    You'll get over the funk. You always do! Tat on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To my un-tattered eye your cross is beautiful. Keep tatting my dear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe it's the February Funk--the mid-winter blahs?
    Never mind, your cross looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your "failed attempts" look like butterflies. Maybe add another round and they could really become butterflies...yes, you can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh. I hate it when everything I tat ends up with joins in the wrong place or just looking lop-sided. But "funks" always pass. I think a solid color is a good idea - I probably should try that too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even your funky tatting looks wonderful and I look forward to the day when I can tat 1/2 as well as you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All your works are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I usually keep pieces like that around because it's amazing what you might use them for. Like Marilee said, maybe you could make them into butterflies! I like this cross pattern that succeeded on, I haven't seen it before. The snowflake looks good, I don't see a problem with it, either.
    I love Createology's "un-tatterd eye" phrase - I must remember that!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!