Friday, April 3, 2020


Tattika the tatting fairy is a year old! To celebrate, Rita Richmond of Shuttle by Design offered tatting shuttles and these adorable tote bags. Mine arrived on April 1st, a perfect way to celebrate International Tatting Day!

I put my new shuttle to use today. I'm still enjoying tatting Ice Drops, especially my Doodle pattern. I'm nearly finished with my ball of Lizbeth #115, Springtime. I think I probably have enough for three more Ice Drops, so I'll keep trying different picot variations.

I finished another bookmark today, again using size 20 Lizbeth Springtime. The pattern is Autumn Bookmark from Tatted Bookmarks by Robin Perfetti. The shuttle is by Veronica of TattingShuttles on Etsy. The pattern calls for a tail with a tassel, which I left off so that I could use a bookmark sleeve. Done in autumn colors, this bookmark reminds me of falling leaves. In Springtime, I just see a pretty bookmark!

Thursday, April 2, 2020

Before and after

I know I posted that my sewing room was out of control, and I wasn't kidding!

When Dave and I were decorating for Christmas, everything got tossed into the sewing room.

The room is back in order now.

I've even started some sewing projects! Don't get too excited, though. A lot of what I took out of the sewing room is now in the sun room waiting to be sorted. I've tried to spend at least fifteen minutes a day going through things and I am getting organized, but it's a very slow process.

I managed to get my 10,000 steps in today, and I tatted an Ice Drop. It was a great day!

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Happy International Tatting Day!

How did you celebrate? Did you eat chocolate? I have not eaten chocolate... yet!

I had the great honor to test tat Lynne Urwin's Star of Hope. Lynne will be posting this pattern on the Ice Drop Addicts page on Facebook.

I hope you all had a wonderful International Tatting Day!

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Clean the shed!

Dave spent the day cleaning the shed. No, I didn't make him do it. I only go in the shed when it's absolutely necessary!

I was a good girl and stayed inside! I tried a variation with my Doodle Ice Drop. On the chain, I tatted 3-3-3-3 instead of 6-6. On the outside round, I did a lock join on the extra picots. I don't really like the look, but it was fun to experiment!

Another bookmark was in order today. This is "Wave" from Tatted Bookmarks by Robin Perfetti. I really enjoyed tatting this one!

I have five rows left to knit on Clue 5 of the Sanditon MKAL. I still plan on having a drawing for one of the high school girls to win this shawl. I'm not sure if or when there will be prom this year. We received word today that there will be remote learning through the end of April. Prom is usually the first weekend in May. Still, I hope to make one of the girls happy!

There are 32 Ice Drops on my little tree. My grandchildren took three home, so I have a total of 35 for the month of March!

After taking a picture of my Ice Drops for the month, I've been carefully setting them in a box. I have two of these boxes that look like books. I'm guessing I'll be able to fit six month's worth of Ice Drops in this box. I'll have quite a collection to share when the holidays roll around again!

Monday, March 30, 2020

Taking it easy

Today was a low key day. Dave did some yard work. I did some laundry, and I managed to get a little tatting done.

Tatting a Doodle Ice Drop always makes me happy! I've been playing with variations of stitch counts and spacing. Slight changes give different looks!

Granddaughter Sophia asked for a bookmark when she was here. I had no tatted ones on hand, and I decided that it's time to rebuild my stash. This is Mary's Bookmark from Tatted Bookmarks by Robin Perfetti. The pattern was inspired by Mary Konior's "Corn and Chaff" in Tatting in Lace. I'm a big fan of both Mary Konior and Robin Perfetti, so this was a wonderful pattern for me to tat!

Sunday, March 29, 2020

Birthday girl

Today is Sophia's 7th birthday. It doesn't seem possible. She was the first one up this morning, which meant she got to spend time playing games on Papa's iPad... always a special time!

Kara wanted a pink Ice Drop, so that's what she got!

Then Kara decided that Grandma needed a pink Ice Drop. Again, Kara got what she wanted!

Janko chose a blue Ice Drop, and Sophia chose a multi-colored one, both of which were on my Ice Drop tree. Janko said I needed another purple Ice Drop. Today was just one of those days when my grandchildren got exactly what they wanted!

Auntie Carol gave a copy of her favorite book to Sophia and took the time to read it to her. Auntie Carol is quite the animated reader!

Saturday, March 28, 2020

I guess I was wrong!

When I posted yesterday, I forgot that I had finished another Doodle Ice Drop the night before using my new Gothic shuttle from Lorraine Kolasa. I really do enjoy tatting with these beautiful brass shuttles!

The kids were busy playing today, so I had time to catch up on Ice Drops.

I hadn't tatted any in the past few days, so I decided to go with a basic one pass pattern to quickly build my stash.

I did a little reorganizing in my sewing room before everyone was up this morning, and I found some shuttles from Ayumi Horiai that I hadn't used yet.

I must have been really attracted to this one, because I purchased two!

I think five Ice Drops in one day might be a record for me!