Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Oliver Twists Edinburgh Rock


I finished another set of Stumpy motifs this morning! Stumpy is a wonderful little shuttle-shaped motif by Kersti Anear. It makes a wonderful bookmark, and I think it's great for Chris Hinton's "Tatted Shuttles," which are epoxy shuttles with tatting embedded in them.

I really love working with Oliver Twists, hand-dyed machine thread from the UK. I purchased mine from DS9 Designs. This particular set of threads is called Edinburgh Rock. I think I prefer the colors in the Scottish Heather set, but I'm still pleased with the way these turned out. They'll be off in the mail to Chris to be shuttle-fied tomorrow!

For those of you wondering about the size of the motifs, these are about 1.5 - 2" long, and about 1" wide. I have no idea why one turned out so much smaller than the others, but they're so pretty, I don't care! ; )

4 comments:

  1. Looks like another collection of gorgeous colors there!!! :)
    Love how beautiful those Stumpies look all the different colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are succeeding in great advertising for D9s. Those threads are lovely. Both the previous set and this set. My question is--if it is sewing thread, it's smaller than size 80. How is it to untat? I seem to do a lot of that--especially when I am trying so hard to be careful.
    Lucky to the new owners of those epoxy shuttles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colours! I'm off to check out those threads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are beautiful and I love the "Edinburgh Rock" - the colours are exact!. Must get some as I live in Edinburgh

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!