Thursday, October 18, 2018

Such excitement!

It's Spirit Week at school, and there has been a great deal of excitement as the kids dress up for a different theme each day. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the real reason for their excitement is the shortened school week. Parent/teacher conferences are this evening and tomorrow morning, meaning early dismissal today and no school tomorrow for students.

Pink Night is tomorrow night, and gift baskets for the raffle are flowing in to the school. Everything will be set up so that parents can view the baskets and buy raffle tickets during conferences. Isn't that clever? I'm eager to see what will be offered this year. Everyone is always so generous!

Subbing in p.e. wore me out on Tuesday. I was so tired, I didn't even pick up my tatting shuttle, let alone try to tat. Working 31 years as the district librarian did not prepare me for the energy and noise levels of p.e. classes!

The middle school performance of The Lion King, Jr. is next weekend. Madame Director (daughter Carol) asked me to supervise backstage during practice last night. The kids love their costumes, and I think the play is going to be a great success!


Although my tatting has been minimal so far this week, I did manage to do a little shuttle shopping! I don't really get in to Halloween. I didn't even care for it much when I was little. However, these shuttles from Rita Richmond of Shuttle by Design called to me. I absolutely adore the Crafty Spider!

11 comments:

  1. LOVE your new shuttles! Grrr, everytime I check the store what I like is sold out!
    The Spirit Week at school looks like a lot of fun, wish I had that at my school :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can always email Rita and ask if she can replicate a design you like. I've done that several times!

      Spirit Week is great fun. I do have to remind myself that we've given the kids license to act like kids!

      Delete
  2. Oh yes, tatting spider is perfect. Halloween is not really followed here, which suits me fine. I hope the rest of Spirit Week goes well, and the play too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily, we're not a stop for trick-or-treaters. Living in the country has its advantages!

      Delete
  3. Ooh, love those shuttles. I want one, two, three, four, five, six thousand of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. It's the closest I'll ever get to decorating for Halloween!

      Delete
  5. What gorgeous colours the 'Boo" shuttles are!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!