Friday, October 12, 2018

More bottle caps


I didn't take time for tatting today, but I did take time to decorate bottle caps! The blue cabochons are my favorites, of course! I also love Russian nesting dolls, so I think I will enjoy turning these in to Christmas decorations. The ones with the light blue and green backgrounds are cutouts from maps. I used a 1" hole punch and looked for cities that are meaningful to me... places relatives or I have lived and/or visited. I had great fun looking over the maps.


When I arrived home from school today, there were seven chickens standing on the tree stumps Dave set up for the grandchildren. Four of them jumped down when I rolled down to take the picture... silly chickens!

9 comments:

  1. Dave put those there just for those chickens! I like that your map carbachons are meaningful to you, not just random.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! It does seem like he put them there for the chickens. It looked like they were guarding the property!

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of maps to decorate the caps, they will make the Ice Drops very special.
    The chicken look like they are on a podium after winning some race, so funny :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun looking for places on the maps. I bet I can find more if I take the time to think about it!

      I wonder which chicken thinks she took first place?

      Delete
  3. Your meaningful map idea is Superb! And love the soft green tones there.
    Where are the sashes for the winning hens ?! ;-D So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I can just picture chickens strutting around the farm with sashes on!

      Delete
  4. Great idea to use pictures of places that have meaning to you for the ice drops
    Silly chickens perhaps they thought you were going to put them in the pot rather than have their picture taken

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bottlecaps look great - are they the purchased ones? It does seem to be less fuss - Leaves more time for decorating - with your own circles! I like the little dolls.

    The chicken on the right has the perfect pose! If you cropped the photo you could probably sell it to a calendar for chicken lovers. Of course, if all the chickens posed perfectly, you'd have a real prizewinning photo! And it wasn't until I enlarged the photo that I 'spotted' the spotted chickens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm personally a big fan of lacelovinlibrarian blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
    clipping path
    clipping path service
    background removal


    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!