Friday, June 6, 2008

Focusing does pay!


I know I've mentioned before that I suffer from what my friend Denise calls "flights of fancy." Denise suffers from this malady as well, which is probably why we're such good friends! But, for the past two weeks I've done my best to stay focused on Stella Alpina, and that focused energy paid off! I'm so happy with the way this little doily (about 7 1/2") turned out! It's from Tatting Fantasia by Iris Niebach. I used Altin Basak size 50, color # 381. I loaded up four of my David Reed Smith shuttles, but only used three of them. Oh, darn! Now I'm going to have to find something to tat with that thread on the fourth shuttle! ; )

This one qualifies for my personal challenge!

3 comments:

  1. OH, Diane, it is GORGEOUS! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the thread you used, it looks so lovely in this pattern. I'm glad you switched threads...sometimes it's just the thing to do..start fresh, just like you did. I think it was the right thing for you to do with that particular piece.
    I know you may have mentioned this before, but do you mind my asking where you got those lovely wooden shuttles?
    Oh, and thank you for you very sweet comment on my blog today.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That doily is so beautiful! It looks like an icy snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The doiley is gorgeous, I never thought I would enjoy tatting doileys but I think I am hooked. The colours really make them come to life.
    Almost finished Iris's Beatrice after you inspired me.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!