Saturday, August 22, 2009

Colors of my rainbow...

Your rainbow is strongly shaded yellow and blue.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

What is says about you: You are a joyful person. You appreciate friends who get along with one another. You're good at getting people to like you. You share hobbies with friends and like trying to fit into their routines.

Find the colors of your rainbow at spacefem.com.

I'd say this one is pretty accurate! I have fun taking some of these little quizzes, but I seldom publish the results. There's something very appealing about rainbows, and I guess this shows that each of our rainbows is just a little different... nothing wrong with that!

It's been a busy back-to-school week. I love back-to-school week! The kids are excited to be there, and I'm happy to see them! The best part of my job is that I get to see all the kids and learn all their names. They love seeing a familiar face at the front door, and I get lots of little hugs!

Anyway... I really needed a good pair of shoes for school, and I bought myself a pair of clogs... the kind doctors and nurses like to wear (I'm terrible with brand names, so I don't remember what they are). The just called out for hand-knit socks!



Ta da! I finished my first sock yesterday morning before heading off to school. I'll start the second one today. Yes, it took me a whole week to knit this sock, but it was well worth the time invested! I kind of wish I'd chosen a flashier sock yarn from my stash, but at the time, this brown called out to me. Oh, look! Brown is at the top of my rainbow! It must have been meant to be!

P.S. - The yarn is Patons Kroy Socks from Hobby Lobby, and I used size 2 double points.

14 comments:

  1. Great sock! Glad to hear that your back to school week was joyful:).

    Blessings,

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice sock! I just started learning to knit, and I want to knit socks so badly! I even pre-purchased a sock book...of elvish looking socks!
    Anyway, great job on the sock. What kind of yarn did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sweetie! That is such a snuggy looking sock, perfect to wear with a comfy pair of clogs! Glad your enjoyed your first week back to school. Kids can be so adorable!
    Hugs, Paulette :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane -

    I was astounded that you're back to school already! I had to double-check my calendar to make sure it's still August. To me, summer has just started! Glad you're cheerful about it - in fact, I wish I had your enthusiasm about everything. Those kids (and the school district) sure are lucky to have you!

    It's always uplifting to read your posts! The 'rainbow' fits you perfectly!

    I love the way you just decide to knit a sock, then sit down and do it! I know you'll have the second one done very soon!

    I have to work really hard to keep up with your posts and your family activities and many hobbies. Just amazing! By the way, I love your landscaping, too! That porch is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy looking at everyone's rainbow and I think each colorway would make a beautiful thread.

    Someday I will have to try on someone else's hand knit socks. I only remember trying to make one many many years ago and my feet were so sensitive to any kind of bulk in a sock that I couldn't wear them. Probably bad knitting or a bad yarn, but I've shied away from them ever since! There are so many striking patterns these days though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That rainbow is definitely you! Glad school was good. Love the socks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your rainbow sounds like a very nice person! like you.
    Back to school already wow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 'A nicely turned heel is a thing of beauty indeed.'
    "Billious Sockspeare"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay socks! Your rainbow seems pretty accurate, but I don't think my rainbow is right. Blue all the way. A calm and peaceful person? Um no.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Och! I am horrible at remembering names and have always admired people who were good at it. I'm happy that you're happy to be back to school! Beautiful sock btw, I tried crocheting a pair once and had so much trouble deciphering the directions that I gave up! Maybe you'll be the inspiration I need to try again. Have fun at school.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on finishing a sock!!!!

    I like your tatting better. Beautiful patterns and colors.

    As a painter,I tat sporadically, and not well. I can't read patterns without translating them step by step into separate lines.

    I do enjoy seeing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed finding my rainbow too.... a little one sided in the purple area, but fun to see, Than k you! m

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I so want to learn how to knit socks! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!