Monday, July 12, 2010

What a wonderful mail day!


I really don't have time to blog, but I just have to blog today! When I got home from jury duty, I found a mailbox full of goodies! First, I received a lovely thank you card from Mike, along with one of his gorgeous snowflakes... lucky me!

Last week I had a bad case of "I need to spend some money now!"... I think it was because our well pump when out, and when something expensive needs to be done, I compensate by buying myself presents. I know that's extremely selfish, but that's the kind of girl I am! Anyway, I went shopping on Etsy... very dangerous! I bought a beautiful shawl pin from Nicholas and Felice. I also went on a pin cushion binge. Yes, pin cushions! I find them very hard to resist, and the first one arrived today from 2Monkeez!

But my most important purchase was two new shuttles from LadyShuttleMaker! I have been drooling over Sherry's copper shuttles, and I just could not resist. Then, I noticed that she had some new ceramic shuttles listed... oh, joy! I love Sherry's ceramic shuttles. Some of them even sing to me! If you haven't tried one, you don't know what you're missing. They're very light weight and hold a ton of thread. Yes, you do have to be careful with them. I dropped one and broke off the tip, but I successfully repaired it and finished tatting the piece I was working on. They are wonderful, usable, little works of art, and I am the proud owner of several.

3 comments:

  1. I simply do agree it is lovely to get parcels in the mail love your new shuttles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty presents for yourself. You deserve them. I love the copper shuttle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike's snowflake is so perfectly tatted and Sherry's shuttles are a real joy. What is a girl to do but BUY, BUY, BUy!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!