Monday, November 7, 2022

Infrequent blogging

I keep thinking I'll blog more often, and it just hasn't happened. I'm enjoying knitting and tatting way too much!


It's been a long time since I've knit a hat, and I decided it was time to get back into hat knitting. I'm using the Hat Knitting 101: Basic Beanie Hat Pattern from Craftsy. The class is presented by Jen Lucas, who gives very clear instructions. The yarn is Red Heart Chic Sheep by Marly Bird. It's a really nice yarn! the color is Velvet.


I'm still knitting wrist warmers for the high school girls. I'm hoping to have my second batch of 22 finished before the Thanksgiving break. I have ten pair finished, so I should be able to meet my goal.


It's time to start tatting Christmas ornaments! This year I've decided to make all of the ornaments the same, sort of an ornament of the year. I'm using my December 17 button ornament pattern. I'm not sure if I like the gold thread with the red and black buttons, but it's what I've decided to do!


2 comments:

  1. I’m knitting a hat too. You’ll be slick with those button ornaments by the time you get to the bottom of the packet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like seeing your knitting, but it's great to see you tatting again!! :)
    Nice ornaments! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!