Sunday, July 19, 2026

Oops! I did it again!

 

I started my day off right by baking a loaf of bread. This time I chose to bake it in a bread bowl I purchased on Etsy. The bread turned out great, and I love the bowl.

Once the bread was finished, I worked on piecing squares for my next quilt idea. Mom and I hadn't gone on an excursion in a while, so I asked her if she was interested in taking a little trip. I didn't need anything, but we met daughter Carol at Michael's, and then went on to Hobby Lobby. We went to Cozumel (Mexican restaurant) for lunch, and then headed home. 

There was plenty of time left to craft. However...

I got caught up in reading, and spent the rest of the day lost in a good book!

6 comments:

  1. How delightful! So far, what was a favorite highlight from your book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book was written in 2003, so it was very interesting to read about the main character's mother's memories of the Spanish flu and compare the reactions to what we experienced in 2020.

      Delete
  2. A Bread Bowl? New to me. I thought I was doing ok making cornbread from a box mix!! (and soup - DH not 100% today). I grabbed the Patchwork Players; however, haven't started the book yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I've experimented with bread and different bread pans on and off since my college days. My grandmother gave me my first bread cookbook, which I still have. The bowls are new to me, too. I learned about them through researching baking techniques.

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!