Friday, December 15, 2017

Falling behind

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. I said that to a student just yesterday. I guess I should heed my own advice.

I've been so caught up with tatting Ice Drops this past year, that I haven't taken much time to work on anything else, and now the Christmas crunch is on!

I was planning on making stockings for my grandchildren this week, finishing up the little bit of Christmas shopping I need to do, and enjoying the Christmas season.

However, as Robert Burns said, "The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft a-gley." I've been called in to sub five times in the past week. Dave "forced" me to clean the upstairs with him (a task that I had been dreading, and I'm very happy to have it done!). I spent a good part of the day with my friends Denise and Mary Lou, something we hadn't done in years.

Little has been accomplished! I did manage to cut out one Christmas stocking before heading in to school yesterday... only three to go! Yesterday, I was able to tat while subbing.


I am making progress on my sister-in-law's runner. I believe I need eleven more rows of three to finish it. At a rate of four hours per row, I really have my work cut out for me.

So, you might not be reading much here in the next week. I've been glancing at blogs, but haven't really taken much time to read or comment. Yes, the Christmas crunch is on, and I am determined to achieve my goals!

10 comments:

  1. Seems to me that you haven't just been tatting Ice Drops this year, you have been awful busy with tons of things!!
    You have made awesome progress on the table runner!!!! Last time I saw it was barely the size of your laptop, but now look at it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading about your Christmas crunch while I contemplate mine. Lol
    Your tatted table runner looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time does have a way of escaping us around the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I understand the crunch is on and glad you could work some while subbing this is very beautiful almost forgot you were making this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go go! If you don't sub too much you should have time to finish it! Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I had fallen behind, the clock is ticking here, I am trying to knit a pair of slippers for our sister in law to say she has big feet is not an exaggeration, I have doubled the size of the pattern and have to hope the fit, knitted with double chunky wool too.
    Im not well, they think it's shingles but I don't have spots yet,
    Hope you get finished in time

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your new decorative designs! it's so beautiful so much and good idea on site.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete
  8. The content of your blog is exactly what I needed, I like your blog, I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in traffic density, which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.
    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!