Sunday, April 13, 2008
The front of my spring purse is actually about an inch wider than the scan shows. It all didn't fit in the scanner. I did try scanning it sideways, but then I couldn't get the image to save after I rotated it. I have so much to learn!
Anyway, I tacked down the Daisy Chain edging and added two little tatted butterflies. I'm very proud of the fact that I figured out a little butterfly design without using a pattern! I tried making three different types of knots for the antennae (French, Candlewicking, and Chinese), but they're really just globby little knots. I have a very difficult time following written directions! I also tried feather stitching. Again, I had a difficult time following the directions, so I just kind of did my own thing... it works for me! The little buttons will be a cluster of flowers, but I haven't decided how to finish up my little bouquet yet.
I had hoped to accomplish much more, but I've come to realize that wrist rotation is a very important factor in hand sewing! So, maybe this spring purse will be for next spring!