Friday, November 11, 2011

First snow


As I was leaving school yesterday afternoon, thick, wet clusters of snowflakes the size of quarters were falling. Our first snow only lasted for about 15 minutes, but it was enough coat the ground. I'm glad I took this picture this morning, because the snow was gone by mid-morning.


Keeping with the snow theme, I decided to work on Adan from Elegant Tatting Gems by Jon Yusoff. I was fortunate to be a test-tatter for Jon's book, and I think I've made this pattern three times now. I think I like it because it's so close to my grandson's name, Aidan. : )

I really like this color, #130, size 20 Lizbeth, but I think I'll tat my next snowflake in a different color... no sense in letting the other threads I have just lie there!

3 comments:

  1. You got snow before us!!

    It's fun when it's like this, isn't it?

    Love the Adan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If every snowfall would melt by noon........isn't that a nice thought? We haven't had snow yet( and I'm not complaining!)
    Adan looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's storming nicely here today & I'm very glad I don't have to go anywhere. Your tatting is beautiful Diane!! Such wonderful colours :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!