Friday, June 14, 2013

Gold Dust... gone!

Yup! I used it all up!


Isn't it amazing how much can be tatted from one skein of hand-dyed thread? I decided to take the tassel off the cross. I just didn't like it. I started to tat "Flower Pot" from Tatted Treasures by Jan Stawasz, but I realized I only had enough thread for the center of the pot, not the entire pot. So, I used up what was left on my shuttles to make bits of "Leaf Braid" from Tatting with Visual Patterns by Mary Konior.


I started another Workbasket cross tonight. This one is from March 1953. Tatting Marie was kind enough to send this pattern to me. From the picture, this is not a pattern I would have chosen to tat. However, now that I've started it, I really like it. I sure am glad I set up this challenge for myself!

8 comments:

  1. It's lovely thread and you sure got a lot out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I can see you are gearing up for summer ... you are tatting a mile a minute!
    Fox ; ))

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made good use of the pretty thread!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing how much you can get out of a skein of thread. Lovely cross without the tussle,
    Another cross and again a lovely summery colour.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always produce beautiful tatting and you keep producing them consistently. I guess they will keep coming now that school is out for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice gold dust tattings!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're going to have quite a nice collection of Workbasket crosses! That's quite a nice
    challenge, and will show us all
    some patterns that have been forgotten. Also, color often gives old designs a new life! And that doily center definitely stands on its own.

    You get so much tatting done even during school, it amazes me! Now you're REALLY on a roll!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!