Sunday, June 17, 2018

Another fun day!

Before visiting my sister-in-law today, we washed cars. The little ones wanted to help, but they kept dropping their sponges in the gravel. Believe it or not, we did not want gravel scratches on the cars! So, we sent them over to wash the lawn mower. They loved it!


On the tatting front, I worked on "Peony" from Teeny Tatted Snowflakes by Samantha Melnychuk. I would love to say that I'm going to tat all the snowflakes from this wonderful book, but I'm not sure that will happen. The rest of the patterns have split rings in them, and split rings are not my friends! I did try, unsuccessfully, to tat two of the other snowflakes. I just could not make my fingers work properly. I won't give up, though!


6 comments:

  1. I couldn't get the video to play but sounds like you all had great fun. I love this icedrop the first one you adapted is a hit as far as I am conserned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable little helpers :-D And they take their responsibility so seriously!
    Lovely snowflake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lawnmower solution! Will there be an ice drop version on peony too? It's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must say that I really can't do the 'dead spider' version of split rings, I take the ring off and rearrange it. Perhaps you just need to try different methods of doing the split ring?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful snowflake and gorgeous pattern
    I have no trouble with split rings, it's split chains that give me grief

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous memory of the young ones!!! :)
    Love that snowflake!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!