Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Denise called

She wanted to check up on me. She noticed that I hadn't blogged for a while and wanted to make sure I was okay. I'm glad she called. It's always nice to hear from her, and we had a nice talk about our de-stashing efforts!


I have managed to do a little knitting each day. Today I finished 22 out of 42 pattern repeats on my Hitchhiker Shawl. 

Great progress has been made upstairs, but it's not picture ready yet. I now have my craft supplies in manageable amounts. I'm amazed at how much I had in duplicate, with all duplicates now in new homes. I was ruthless about disposing of unfinished projects that I knew I would never pick up again. I still have quite a bit of de-stashing to do, but at least the upstairs doesn't look like a tornado blew through!

Carol has been over several times to help out both upstairs and in the yard.


Dave has been busy cleaning the front patio. That cement slab was under the trailer we lived in for 12 years. The girls and I like to walk around it and reminisce about where everything was located in that trailer. The flowers are soaking up the sun in anticipation of the wedding day. They're tropical flowers that need full sun. They won't be relocated until the wedding day since most of them will be in shade for the day.


Dave finished the stairs, railing and part of the walkway. Carol treated them.


This section of the walkway needs to at least be treated, but we're thinking of replacing 33 boards. A lot will depend on whether there's enough time before the wedding. I'm guessing that the boards won't be replaced until next year. Dave planted some new hosts to dress up the path.


We typically have hanging baskets of flowers along the south side of the house. This is not just in preparation for the wedding!


Dave has been busy cleaning up the hosts beds and paths. He added flower boxes and two little garden beds in front of the treehouse.


Carol painted the pallet fence that is "hiding" Dave's wood pile.


Another hosts bed was planted out back. Carol mulched around the catalpa tree yesterday.


The trumpet vine has been trimmed and staked. There's still some trimming to be done in this garden.


The pond has been cleaned, and Dave fiddled around with the waterfall to make it more like he had originally envisioned it.


The front porch has been power washed and stained. It's ready for company!


8 comments:

  1. Upstairs might not be photo ready but the garden certainly is! Thanks for showing us. Love the hanging baskets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep imagining how beautiful it will all look on the wedding day!

      Delete
  2. So lovely at your place! I'm quite jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers, walkway, porch, treehouse and everything! All so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marilee! Dave and Carol have really been working hard!

      Delete
  4. Tons of progress!! I am sure it will be so beautiful for the wedding!! :)
    Your knitting looks great! :)
    ~Sue(Tatting Lace in Grace)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your place in wonderful! Next time we go east we'll have to make sure we come up that way!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!