Sunday, July 17, 2022

Drop ins

We had some drop ins this week. 


Daughter Andrea and family had plans to meet friends at Six Flags Great America on Wednesday. They opted to drive the extra hour and a half to stay with us rather than rent a motel room. We're happy they did!


We don't get drop in visitors very often. The best part is, they will be here again in three weeks for the wedding!


Granddaughters Lily and Ella love trying new things, so I sent them home with some pin looms and yarn. If they decide that pin loom weaving is not for them, they can bring it back in a few weeks. 

It seemed like a good time for me to do a little pin weaving. I was able to weave six squares out of some yarn that I normally would have just thrown away. What will I do with these squares? I have no idea!


On Tuesday, our drop in was a skinny little pregnant cat. Carol named her Butterscotch Betty. Dave had set a trap for the ground hog that keeps eating our vegetables. When I took the garbage out, I found this pretty little cat in the cage. When Carol and I released her, she came right to us for some gentle rubs. We have no idea how long she's been here. She was obviously very hungry. Our guess is that someone dropped her off because they didn't want to deal with kittens. Carol made up a bed for her, and she took to it right away.

We didn't see her for a few days, but the food we put out was disappearing. We hoped that meant she was hiding to have her kittens.


We were right. She had six babies! 


2 comments:

Just like you, I love getting feedback!