Sunday, August 7, 2022

It's been a while

I know it's been a long time since I last posted. It turns out that having a wedding in your back yard can be a lot of unexpected work!


Carol and Jon's wedding was beautiful! It was a hot, muggy day, but no one seemed to mind. Friends and relatives chipped in to make the day go smoothly. I stayed up way past my bedtime, and the party went on without me. There were yard games, a fire pit with a s'mores station, dancing, karaoke, and Dave even set up a cooling station for guests who were feeling the heat. 


We started cleanup at about 8 this morning, and it's a good thing we did.


It started raining around 11, with an absolute downpour that lasted for what seemed like hours.


We are so thankful that the rain came today and not yesterday. It seems we've had our fair share of rain lately, and it was one thing that caused Carol some stress. A little over a week ago, she came over to help in the yard. Work was put on hold because of rain, so Carol decided to set up her tv for karaoke. The rain kept interfering with the Internet signal, so she couldn't get updates to install. She decided enough was enough and decided to go home.

When she went outside, she called to us that there was a rainbow. We all love rainbows, and get very excited to see them. Joanne and her kids, and Dave and I ran out in the light rain to see the rainbow. By the time we made it to Carol's car, it was a double rainbow... a full double rainbow! Carol's spirits were lifted! About five minutes after she left, she called to tell me that when she started her car the perfect song came on... "I can see clearly now, the rain is gone. I can see all obstacles in my way. Gone are the dark clouds that had me down. It's gonna be a bright, bright sunshiny day!" Carol and I knew that her wedding was going to be perfect!

4 comments:

  1. That sounds absolutely wonderful. Congratulations to the newlyweds! Look forward to seeing you posting more often now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad everything went well!!! :)
    After a rest I can't wait to see what you tat, knit, crochet, weave, or whatever craft you work on. ;)
    ~Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s lovely to see everything looking so green. We’re in a drought and all the grass has turned yellow. Hoping to see one or two wedding photos shortly - hint, hint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wedding location looks beautiful and lucky that the rain stayed away for that day. Congrats to the bride and groom!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!