Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Krzyz by Jan Stawasz


Thank you to Alicja for pointing out that I had the wrong word for cross! I guess that's what I get for looking at my enlarged copy instead of the book. I'm so sorry for the mix-up!

I love tatting this pretty little cross from Tatted Treasures! When the Tollway Tatters met on Monday, I borrowed a doodad from one of my buddies to see if it would fit in the center of the cross. It did, so I decided to give it a go.

It didn't take too much extra time to add the doodad. However, since the doodad has a domed shape, this would not make a good bookmark. Wouldn't it be pretty framed?

The thread is size 20 Lizbeth # 168, Latte Foam. I love the soft color variations in this thread, perfect for this cross. The shuttles are gifts from my tatting buddies, Sue Anna and Denise. They totally understand my addiction to shuttles and threads!

11 comments:

  1. This is very pretty! I especially like the domed doodad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good with a doodad and pretty thread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very nice pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just made this pretty little cross as a bookmark for my mom - what a pretty pattern. I keep avoiding those doodads, but I agree this would be especially pretty framed. Dang. Now I have to get some doodads!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely little cross, and that is a gorgeous colour.
    It does look good with a doodad but as you not as a bookmark
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Diane! I think you could use the flat square doodads if you want it as a bookmark - is it the same size?

    Otherwise, how about having the tail as the "marking" part and let the cross hang over the top of your book? Such a nice cross, it's a shame to hide it between the pages of a book, is it not?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometime, when you are feeling generous, let us (me) know how you do your designs around doodads. If I try anything like that I get wrinkles or cupping. You seem to get a beautiful design right out of the box!

    Love all the pics! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Es preciosa me encantan las cruces.Besos

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how pretty. I like it. Good choice with the Latte Foam.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!