Saturday, August 24, 2013

Mustika


I love the triangular spokes of this snowflake! It took me a long time to make, because even though I didn't feel tired after school, I couldn't seem to concentrate long enough to tat more than a few rings and chains each night.

Don't look too closely. My twisted picots aren't right. I just couldn't seem to get the hang of twisting them. After fiddling with the long picots for about 20 minutes, I gave up and did a pathetic little twist in each picot. I could tell it wasn't right, but I wanted to see how the pattern worked up. Now that I know, I can go back and figure out how to twist two picots together!

I'll also have to remember to join the last ring. Yup, I forgot to join it, and I didn't realize it until I was hiding my ends. So, I just kind of sewed it together. I figure if sewing together was good enough for tatters in the 1800s, it's good enough for me!


My grandson had his first soccer game of the season today, and we drove up to watch him play. It's an hour and a half drive each way, so I took some tatting along, of course!

I don't like to try and follow patterns in the car, so I chose my favorite pattern, Mary Konior's Spinning Wheel glass mat. I've been very good about sticking to my ball of white for the snowflakes, but I don't have enough left from that ball to make another snowflake... good reason to try out my new Perfect Quilter thread! I had 17 spools to choose from, and of course I chose blue. Look how tiny this Spinning Wheel is going to be!

This really is a nice thread to tat with. Maybe they should have called it Perfect Tatter!

7 comments:

  1. You're making good progress on Jon's snowflakes. That one looks very dramatic with its long spokes. Your new thread looks very pretty, but so fine I can't imagine tatting with it on a journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, I am glad- and a little relieved you like the thread, though if you didn't, I would have offered to buy it from you!

    I can't believe it will become unavailable to tatters before too long. Pity!

    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh are they discontinuing this type of thread? everything looks so nice as always I have stitch some things together too also when I forgot a picot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colorway on that thread. I've never thought of trying quilters thread to tat. I'd like to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your snowflake is really a looker and there's nothing like another Spinning Wheel in blue! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your snowflake looks great!! :) And very nice glass mat started there!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Making this snowflake right now too! And the Glass Mat is also one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!