Monday, August 26, 2013

Perfect Quilter comes through!

It's hard to imagine, but I managed to tat with quilting thread in the car for almost three hours without making a mistake.

Today, I had about five minutes to tat after finishing my lunch. I finished a chain successfully, but when I made the next ring, I managed to join the ring to the wrong picot. Of course I didn't notice it until I had closed the ring. Go figure!


After dinner tonight, I sat down to un-tat the ring. It was very easy! Thank you, Fox, for pointing me in the direction of this terrific thread!

I had a wonderful surprise in the mail today...


...a sun catcher and a thread sample from God's Kid. Thank you, Sue!

Hmmm... I wonder how she knew that I like blue?

8 comments:

  1. Looks like another beautiful pattern and the thread colour looks wonderful. What a lovely gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I was only joking when I said I envisaged a lot of spinning wheel mats in your future! - it must be TINY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've finally learned how to open a closed ring successfully! It sounds like it's even easier with the quilting thread. Hmmmmm.
    Wonderful gift and thread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, must be ting little spinning wheel! nice gift too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely spinning wheel, I like the colour,
    Beautiful sun catcher,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work, LLL. I think maybe I could get "Perfect Quilter Thread" here in my community. Gotta go have a look. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you like your suncatcher!! :) It isn't hard to remember your favorite color since it's my favorite color too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty! Where does one buy the Perfect Quilter's zThread in the US? I am in south Louisiana

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!