Friday, April 28, 2017

Ready to weave!

I had another busy day today... laundry, visits from two friends, and warping my loom!


First I staged my warping area by washing the dishes and making sure the counter was sparkling clean! My warping pegs open up 2" and the kitchen countertop was the only place the clamps would fit.


It's been a while since I've warped a rigid heddle loom from scratch. Is that correct terminology? I've only used pre-wound warps on my Saori loom. I was pretty pleased with myself!


Mom came up with the idea of using craft sticks to keep the warp threads separate. It worked really well, and I didn't have to try and keep craft paper straight! All of this activity really taxed my brain, so I'm going to wait until tomorrow to start weaving.


With all the warping and visiting that went on today, I only managed to tat one Ice Drop. I think I will forgive myself for this shortcoming. 😏


New wooden shuttles from Rita Richmond of Shuttle by Design arrived today. I love them!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That looks complicated to me.
    Can't wait to see your weaving! :)
    Another fabulous Ice Drop!! :)
    Stunning shuttles in the black and gold!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all Greek to me but very interesting to watch each step. Shuttles are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that setting up put me off the idea of weaving, but I can see that it can be a satisfying task in itself. Pretty shuttles!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!