Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Tatted Doilies by Iris Niebach


If the tatting pattern police ever stopped by my house and told me I could only keep one Iris Niebach book, this would be the one... thank goodness there are no tatting pattern police!

Tatted Doilies by Iris Niebach has 12 beautiful doilies, plus photos of two variations of one of the doilies. There are examples of every doily shape I can think of: round, oval, square, hexagon, octagon. I know, I didn't mention rectangle, but I think even I could figure out how to put two squares together to make a rectangle! As always, Iris includes detailed explanations of techniques and beautifully diagrammed patterns.

Of course, I love doilies! If I had never learned to tat, I would spend all of my time crocheting doilies. I love giving gifts of lace, and to me, a doily is a usable work of art. If you don't like doilies decorating your furniture, you can always frame them and hang them on the wall, which is what Mom chose to do with the Iris doily I made for her.

2 comments:

  1. This is the first book of Iris' I ever saw and owned. It's one of the few that I pack around with me in my little tatting bag (a slub-silk tote my sister gave me). Aside of anything inside the book (which is all wonderful), the book is the perfect size for a take-along.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!