Wednesday, February 4, 2009


I really enjoyed tatting the last round of the Daffodil Doily from Learn to Tat by Janette Baker, so I decided to use it for one of the 4" round blanks that I've had sitting around waiting for the perfect edging. I made two slight changes to the pattern. First, I left 1/4" of thread between rings instead of 1/8". Second, I added 2 ds to each large ring. I just felt like it worked better. This is the same Altin Basak thread that I used for the Daffodil Doily. The finished piece is slightly over 6".

This makes #8 for the 25 Motif Challenge. I think I might have to work on a Spinning Wheel next. ; )


  1. Diane, you've got a gorgeous piece there. Bravo!

  2. Gosh, Diane! Adapting a pattern for a round like that is brave! Good for you! It looks lovely! :)

  3. Very pretty and very innovative. You did a great job. I haven't done anything like that before.

  4. VERY nice. Great Adaptation. I found among my 'stash' a round doiley about 8" across. I thought a nice edging would be great, as the cachepot, teapot (what ever) could sit neatly in the middle. The edging would be the reveal...
    Your piece has absolutly inspired me...just as soon as I finish the Valentine Hankie edging...and do a few more rows on the never-ending table runner...THEN on to new project! These holidays keep getting me sidtracked!
    Adaptability ~ "its a good thing"
    X Bev


Just like you, I love getting feedback!