Thursday, July 26, 2012

Where has the week gone?

I knew that I hadn't blogged in a while, but I was completely surprised to see that it's been a week! I guess I've been busy...


I re-started Mary Konior's Flowerpiece doily from Tatting with Visual Patterns. The last time I picked this up to work on it, I discovered that I had left out one section of chain on the very first motif. So, I did the only logical thing... I started over!


This is the first section of chain trails. I've finished the second section of chain trails, but forgot to take a picture of it. I'm working on the last round now, and I hope to finish it this weekend.


I dropped my favorite tatting tool one time too many this week. When I tried to fix it, I only made it worse. I've had this crochet hook from Grizzly Mountain Arts for about two and a half years, so I've definitely gotten my money's worth out of it. Still, I'm sad to have damaged it so badly.


I made Alison and Eva Origami pouches with matching shuttles. They chose the fabric the last time they were down visiting. I figured that since the bags are out of the same fabric, they needed a little bling to keep them from getting mixed up!


This pretty green fabric was calling out to me, so I made more Origami pouches. I do get carried away when I find something I enjoy making!

9 comments:

  1. Love the color of your Mary Konior doily. I might have to give that one a shot myself. I have my books right here in case I get a few free minutes to tat. (Going to make some free minutes soon). I also love the color of your origami pouches - both the blue and the green!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your doily is coming along nicely.
    as for your crochet hook. it is possible that the hook can be replaced. you might contact GMA and see if they simply press in the hook or if it is glued or something. If it is simply pressed in, then it can be removed and replaced by you or hubby or?? or maybe you can send it back for a new hook.

    pretty bags and shuttles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice bags, and sorry about the hook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colour and it's a lovely pattern, well done it looks great
    What a pity it's annoying when the favourite tool gets broken.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. You never cease to amaze me. Where do you find the time?

    I like your Origami pouches, nice that you put Alison and Eva's initals on them.

    I like the green fabric bags. I wonder if you are like me and attracted to all colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks wonderful....except for the hook ):

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your doily is really pretty!! And your tatting pouches are all gorgeous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you're enjoying your time off from school - although you also do so much even when you're in school! I can only assume you get by on less sleep than many of us!

    Wonderful progress on the doily. You seem to tolerate doing lots of chains. I don't have as much patience with those, but they add to the design.

    Sorry about your hook!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colors on your doily! I couldn't help wondering, when you said "chain trails," if you thought they were "chain trials" (difficult so therefore a trial to do) ... lol! Okay, bad joke maybe : ) In any event, it is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!