Tuesday, June 16, 2020

13 years

13 years ago today, I started blogging. I remember the year, because it was my 55th birthday. Those of you who have been following my blog for a long time may remember that I was encouraged to start blogging by Sherry Pence aka LadyShuttleMaker. I'm so glad I received that encouragement. Blogging has helped me make friendships around the world!


My friend Edna stopped by with a birthday cake for me today. Edna makes the best cakes I've ever tasted!


I'm so glad to have Mom here! She's adjusting to her new life on the farm, and has been busy winding warps so that she can weave a blanket for my brother. The warps are all ready. We'll have to find something else for her to work on until her loom arrives next Tuesday!


I tatted a new Ice Drop today. My sister thinks it looks like a daisy. Maybe I'll tat one in white with a golden center just for her!

11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday and Blogaversary! You should get an award for staying the course all these years with your great blog, which gives so much enjoyment to all of us. And I'm so delighted that your mother is with you! Your birthday is a 'big day' for her, too! I give her credit for being able to be on her own for such a long time, but I'm sure she will love being on the farm and being near the whole family! The two of you deserve recognition for your dedication to crafting! How wonderful that you share the same hobbies!

    I can almost taste that cake! It looks so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy! My sister and daughter Carol were able to join us yesterday. We had a wonderful time! We're starting to settle into a routine. Our next step is to clear out more clutter so that we can find the craft items we want to use!

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday and congratulations on your blogversary! I’m glad you’re still blogging, so many have dropped out , I miss getting glimpses into their lives or just admiring their work. I like the idea of a gold centre and white petals, it’s a pretty pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jane! I'm going to try and find the perfect center for a daisy this morning. Janet will be down on Tuesday, and I would love to have a special Ice Drop ready just for her!

      Delete
  3. Hope you had an awesome birthday!!! :)
    I am so glad your mom is adjusting!! :)
    Great Ice Drop!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday and congratulations on your 'blogaversary'. Your cake looks scrumptious - pity I don't live nearer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne! Yes, the cake is scrumptious. I've been very good with sharing, but I'm pretty sure I will be the one consuming nearly half the cake!

      Delete
  5. Well done on reaching your 13th blogabirthday and your personal birthday too. Hope you have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belated happy birthday and bloganniversary. Jane encouraged me to start a blog, not as good as you at keeping it going though. That cake is fab

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!