Sunday, June 14, 2020

Movin' in

Mom has started movin' in! Her bathroom and bedroom are ready, and since her bed and mattress were delivered a couple of weeks ago, she was able to move in Friday. The rest of her belongings will be here by the 23rd, and then she will feel completely at home!


My brother requested a blanket for his camper, so Mom started winding warps with Mandala Ombre. My nephew Andrew has requested an afghan. Mom will have plenty to keep her busy!


I finally took some time for tatting. I really haven't done much of anything for the past couple of weeks, so it really did feel good to have a shuttle in my hand again. This is a new pattern by Lynne Urwin called Doodling Diane. Yes, it is named for me! I am quite flattered. I used size 20 Lizbeth Blue Ice with my shuttle from Elena Kozinenko.

I've fallen behind on my Ice Drops for June. In only have four finished, and I should have 14. I guess I'd better get tatting!


10 comments:

  1. You are so blessed to be able to take care of the one who took care of you

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to have your mum there. She’s clearly as talented as you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Except for tatting, everything I learned was through Mom!

      Delete
  3. Blimey, the poor woman has barely moved in and you’ve got her working for the whole family!!!!! TEASING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Mom has been at my sister's for several weeks, and has been bored with nothing to do. Janet is a fabulous gardener... not quite the same thing! ;-)

      Delete
  4. I am so glad the move is going well so far!! I hope we get a chance to see the fabulous items your mom makes when they are done!! :)
    Glad to see you have gotten some tatting in again. We all need a break from time to time. Fabulous Ice Drop!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom stayed with us, too. She really added a stability to the house and developed fun games with my toddler son. I guess mom's never stop giving - even when they need you. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom and I get along so well, and she's already started making a dent in my yarn stash!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!