Monday, June 22, 2020

Life is good!


Mom, Dave, and I are settling into a comfortable routine. Mom and I have been enjoying the beautiful weather and spending time on the porch. We knit, crochet, tat, and chat. The days have been going by at a nice, easy pace.


Mom and I are working in using up my stash of yarn. Mom has warp ready for a blanket for my brother, and I've started crocheting an afghan. Between these two projects, we'll probably use up at least two dozen skeins of yarn. We may have to go shopping for more supplies! ;-)


I'm test tatting another pattern for Lynne Urwin. This one is called Nancy's Surprise, and it's named for Mom!


I've been working on a knit shawl for about two weeks now. The pattern is called Pastoral Lace and can be found on Yarnspirations. I'm growing a little tired of this color. It will be pretty when finished, and I'm using up yarn from my stash!


It was time for a new computer. My old one was nearly seven years old. I've been busy learning the ins and outs of my new one and cleaning up the old one so that it can be passed on to someone else. Dave doesn't seem interested, so I'm guessing it will go to one of my grandchildren.


I'm really enjoying the Poldark series by Winston Graham. Demelza is the second book in the series. I enjoyed the television version except for the last season. The characters didn't seem the same, and after some research I learned that the last season was not based on the books. I'm sure others would agree that our perception of characters differs based on our personal experiences, and I believe that is part of why I enjoy reading so much more than watching!

10 comments:

  1. Lovely to see your Mom settling in so well and you two inspiring each other in your makings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are taking things at a slow pace and enjoying our time together!

      Delete
  2. I am so glad things are settling down for all of you!! I am glad you are having good weather too. We are in an unsettled weather pattern for a bit.
    Can't wait to see all the fabulous yarn creations!!! :)
    Love the start of the Ice Drop and I see it's not only named for your mom, but in her favorite color too!! :)
    Uggg...new computers are not my thing, but I am sure some day I will have to expect another one far beyond my understanding. ;)
    Have a great day all of you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're getting there! Mom and I have each made many mistakes in our knitting, crocheting, and tatting... probably because of all the chatter! Luckily, migrating information from one computer to another is much simpler than it used to be!

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to use up my yarn stash so I've got an excuse to go shopping again!!! I love new computers so really envy you yours. Sounds as if you guys have got your lives sorted. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! My sister wants an afghan also, and I'm not sure I have enough yarn to make what she wants. I'm pretty sure yarn shopping is in our future!

      Delete
  4. How wonderful to craft alongside your mum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is wonderful, but also dangerous! Mom hasn't been here two weeks and we've already ordered an online knitting class with all the materials, matching cowl kits, hand-dyed weaving cotton, and a new sweater pattern. Let the crafting continue!

      Delete
  5. Looks like you are enjoying having your Mum live with you and at least you get time to knit, crochet and tat,
    Lovely ice drop,
    I am so pleased you are enjoying Poldark, there are some scenes that were filmed near where I live, they did a lot of filming in the west country and not all were in Cornwall

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have the best porch! I'm glad that you're able to enjoy peaceful crafting time with your mom.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!