Monday, September 28, 2020

Keeping busy

Between school and a visit to the doctor, today was a busy day. Still, I found a little time to tat and knit.

Lynne Urwin asked me to test tat an Ice Drop pattern for her a while back. Needless to say, life got in the way. I found time to work the first three rounds of Lynne's pattern today. She reworked round 4, and I hope to finish it up tomorrow.

I'm not doing a very good job of catching up to Mom. She has completed four pattern repeats and is well into the fifth repeat. I'm almost at the halfway point of the first pattern repeat. We really are enjoying knitting our Orenburg warm shawls!

8 comments:

  1. Well, maybe your mum has a bit more time available for knitting? This photo shows the shawl motifs off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she does have a bit more time to knit, and she's much more determined than I am! I'll try to remember to take a picture of Mom's. I'm eager to catch up to her so that the full beauty of the pattern is revealed!

      Delete
  2. Wow, love your shawl 💙💙💙 Good to see you back in full swing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, muskaan! I'm finding it a bit easier to follow knitting charts these days than it is to follow tatting patterns. It's all a matter of focus!

      Delete
  3. That shawl looks lovely! I hope school time doesn't increase anyone's risk for getting sick. Stay safe and take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Our school district has pretty strict protocols in place, and I feel very safe there!

      Delete
  4. Wow on both pictures I have been lacking behind on blogging but you are steady like a rock😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of those are so pretty!! :)
    I hope you got good news at the doctors!!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!