Sunday, September 27, 2020

Knitting challenge

 

Mom and I have been working on our Orenburg warm shawls. It's been quite challenging for both of us, but also very enjoyable. I finally finished the increase section of the first border today, and I'm ready to move on to the straight section. Mom is way ahead of me. She's on her fourth pattern repeat out of eleven. These shawls are going to be gorgeous!

I spent this afternoon working on the Harmony tat-along from Tat-a-Renda. I had to snip off six pattern repeats because I had forgotten to tat the Josephine knots. There are two rounds left to tat, so I'm hoping to finish this week. It does feel good to be knitting and tatting again!

4 comments:

  1. They certainly are. Gorgeous blue yarn . Are you still teaching too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still at school, but not teaching. I sit and monitor students who are taking online classes. It's much less work than teaching!

      Delete
  2. Your shawl and doily are both beautiful already!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO glad you're feeling better! Very happy to see you're able to get back to 'normal' - tatting, knitting, and whatever else you want to do - again.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!