Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Thinking ahead

My friend Denise and I are going to help the Beecher Public Library by displaying tatting in February. We went to the library to look at the display cases, take measurements, and brainstorm ideas for the display. What could say February better than hearts and snowflakes?

The display cases are in the entryway of the library. Seeing the current display helped spark some ideas.

Denise suggested framing two larger doilies to set on top of the display cases, similar in size to the pictures that are up there now. She also suggested two trees to display snowflakes and possibly ice drops and button ornaments. 

Denise and I talked about a heart shaped box or tin to go in the display. I ordered a Whitman Sampler, but the cardboard box was a mess, so it went into the trash. Of course, Mom and I ate the chocolate first! Mom did some more searching online and found this Dove chocolate tin. I'm not sure if we will use it, but it sure is a handy place to store tatting for the display!

I started search heart patterns, and decided to start with Clover Drop Heart from Nancy Tracy at Be-stitched. This one is tatted with size 20 Lizbeth #644 Boysenberry Dk. Denise loves pastels, and so do I, but I think a few darker pieces will help set off the display.

You can expect to see hearts, ice drops, and snow flakes popping up here for the next several months!

2 comments:

Just like you, I love getting feedback!