Saturday, April 29, 2017

Cold and dreary

Today was the perfect day to snuggle up under a blanket with a good book, but I didn't. Instead, I tatted Ice Drops and worked on my band weaving.


I finished this Spring Garden Ice Drop this morning. It's in size 20 Lizbeth #115, Springtime.


I spent most of the day working on my band weaving. I learned a lot today, which is another way of saying I made a lot of mistakes! I truly think it's easier to open a closed ring in size 80 thread than it is to fix a weaving mistake made several rows back. I'm pretty sure I spent more time fixing mistakes than I did actually weaving. Still, I'm pleased with my progress.


It sure was nice to end the day with a familiar pattern! This Ice Drop is in size 20 Lizbeth #124, Spring Garden.

I think I'll spend the rest of this rainy evening with a good book!

5 comments:

  1. That looks very complicated! Good for you for forging ahead. I think you have a great new talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, your work if far from dreary anyway. I love your band! You are clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful ice drop,
    And what looks like a complicated band, looks good
    Sorry it's a late comment I have been away

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, this I understand and can relate to. It is quite difficult to 'unweave' a Cluny leaf, and that's what's happening here.
    But it looks lovely and as your next post shows, you've learned quickly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Ice Drops!!! :)
    Beautiful design in your weaving project!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!