Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Back to school




I was back at school today, and what a surprise! All of the students made cards for me, and they were displayed all around the library... on top of the bookcases and on some of the shelves. On my computer, I can click on the picture to enlarge it. The close-up shows better detail of how the cards were displayed and how many there were. I read every one... some made me laugh... some made me cry.

Two were especially poignant... a fifth grade girl whose father died when she was in kindergarten, and a fifth grade boy whose father died when he was in first grade wrote that they knew exactly how I felt, and that they knew my dad was in heaven watching over me. I had my father for about 50 more years than these two children did, yet they are comforting me. I am humbled.

3 comments:

  1. Blessings do come in small packages often times. How blessed you were to have your dad so much longer than they did and to have them to love and comfort you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so precious! I am glad you got pictures and that you shared them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May the Lord Jesus comfort you in this difficult time. I know it isn't easy, but God is so good, even in the tough times.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!