Saturday, April 5, 2014

Tatting by Myra Piper No. 2

Do you have favorite tatting books? I know I do. My all-time favorite is Tatting with Visual Patterns by Mary Konior, but following close behind is Tatting by Myra Piper.


Today I managed to finish motif #2 in size 20 Lizbeth, #171 Green Coral Sea.


The shuttle is from TattingShuttles in St. Petersburg, Russia. The shuttle is beautiful and light weight. I've been on a quest for Russian tatting shuttles since I purchased my Russian tatting book.

As a matter of fact, I'm searching for plastic jewel tone shuttles from Russia. I know I saw a picture of them within the past few weeks, but I didn't save the link. Does anyone out there know the shuttles I'm talking about? If so, do you know where I can purchase them? Somehow, I feel my shuttle collection is incomplete without them! ;-)

6 comments:

  1. You are in danger of becoming a SERIOUS collector! :) I didn't see any pastel Russian shuttles, sorry. I like your latest motif, but am waiting to see more of that Russian Doily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just beautiful your shuttle! and I didn't see the one you are talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty motif, the colours suit it. Wow, you have shuttles from all over the place South Africa to Russia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your delicate doily and its sweet color. That shuttle is very very nice! I expect a lot in the future concerning tatting and shuttles to come from eastern Europe and Russia.These people have had a good reputation for arts and crafts for centuries.
    Take care: a shuttle collection is never complete,.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like mini tats first, and then Myra's book. Loaded with awesome patterns!!!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!