Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Calling all Tollway Tatters!

After several days with no Internet access at home, I'm finally reconnected... yeah! I managed to connect with Sue Anna pretty quickly, and we decided that it's time for another Tollway Tatters meeting. It's been quite a while since we've met, mostly because of all the cold and snow this winter. so, if you're interested in joining us, we're planning to meet on Friday, April 18. Sue Anna and I both have Good Friday off, so we thought it would be a good time to meet. If you'd like to join us, send me an email and I'll give you the details.

Yes, there has been lots of tatting going on. The kids know that I haven't had Internet access, and I've already warned them that I've probably forgotten whose tatting is whose, but here goes!


Rings and chains,


and Fancy Pants have earned these two tatters some very pretty motifs! I think these two might be 5th graders.


Over the weekend, I finished the next round of my Russian doily.


Paige tatted a large ring, earning another shuttle. This one was blinged by Marty.


A bookmark was earned,


and one of the boys... maybe it was Ken... chose this pretty pink motif. I think it's for his mom!


A first attempt at picots earned this eager tatter a beautiful little swan. I think this might be Karl.


Grace has been wanting this little tatted fairy for a long time!


I'm pretty sure that this is Owen's tatting. He started to learn rings today.

The kids and I did celebrate International Tatting Day with chocolate and tatting. One girl even brought her own big chocolate bar! I provided Hershey's Kisses for everyone... yum!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that spring storms don't mess with my Internet again. Now I have some catching up to do reading blogs!


7 comments:

  1. Glad to see internet going well for you nice to get caught up with how the kids are doing and some people sent in beautiful items too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horrid to be disconnected, I'm glad you're back! The children are making excellent progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you back on the web, the kids are really doing well, lovely to see their pictures.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great to see all the young tatters making such fabulous progress!!! :)
    Love the design of your doily!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Russian doily is looking really nice. It looks like a fun pattern. Some of those kids are really doing well. I noticed, for example, how even Grace's stitches are. You're a good teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness Gracious these kids are doing such excellent tatting. I love that they work hard and then earn a tatted reward. Diane Dear your Russian doily is stunning. Creative Tatting Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thing it's amazing that the children are wanting to learn this beautiful art. I began tatting (needle and shuttle) back in November of 2013 and am so amazed at all beautiful things that can be created. I'm not sure if this is where I should post this, but I'm wanting to teach some youngpeople here in Paris, TX to tat but am unsure as to how to get it started. If you wouldn't mind sharing any ideas and how to's with me I'd greatly appreciate it. Le'Quita HIcks (lequita35@gmail.com) i'm also on facebook under the same name.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!