Monday, December 31, 2018

New Year's Eve

It's hard to believe that it's New Year's Eve already! Dave and I have a wild night planned. I'm guessing we'll both be in our pajamas by 7 and asleep in our chairs somewhere between 8:30 and 9. Yes, we do live life on the wild side! ;-)


I'm not quite ready to give up crocheting, but I'm going at a much slower pace. I started this one on Christmas Eve. The pattern is 12 Step Sampler Blanket and can be found on Ravelry. I'm using a variety of multi-colored yarns that I have on hand; all of it is I Love This Yarn from Hobby Lobby. The design shows up much better in solid colors, but I still like the way this is working up. I've finished one 35 row pattern repeat. I anticipate this one taking me a couple of months to complete.


I'm not ready to give up Ice Drops. I did a little doodling last night and came up with this design. I'm not sure if this is one I've written up before or not. The problem with writing up patterns is that I have a difficult time remembering if it's something I've done before!


I tatted this one today. I changed the picots a little, but that's the only change. This is one of my new shuttles from Shuttle by Design. I can't help myself. I love any sort of paisley design, and I love blue!

16 comments:

  1. Your New Year’s Eve sounds familiar! We might make it to 10:30pm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a colorful afghan! I can't believe you have so much of it done already! The ice drops are always appealing, and your shuttles are fun to see.

    We are enjoying Turner Classic Movies, which is showing clips from all the MGM musicals from the 1920s through the 1970s. Very enjoyable and nostalgic. Just a quiet evening at home, unlike the days when we used to go out dancing, years ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love all the colors! I think this one will stay at our house!

      Dancing sounds like so much fun! Dave does not enjoy dancing, and the girls make fun of me when I dance. I tend to only dance in the kitchen. :-)

      Delete
  3. Happy New YearπŸ””πŸ””πŸ”” and I love you crochet blanket using different colors make me think of those old granny squares, but a new twist😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! I have done many granny squares in my day. This is more fun, because I'm joining the new colors as I go, and I'm trying out stitches I haven't used before.

      Delete
  4. Looks like a crochet project to savour. We saw the year in with neighbours. Happy new year, I look forward to seeing your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! I Love This Yarn is aptly named! I'm tempted to go buy more, but I'm going to be a good girl and work with what I have.

      Delete
  5. I've enjoyed reading your blog in 2018, marvelling at your beautiful creations. I'm looking forward to your next ones :)
    Happy New Year to you and your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! It's nice to know that there are those who enjoy reading my blog, although I truly do blog to keep myself motivated. This year, I plan on focusing on using materials I have on hand. We'll see if I get tempted to do otherwise!

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year! We woke up in our chairs at about 10:30 and went to be - ha! We have that same wild lifestyle. See all of your crochet makes me want to do some of that again. Best Wishes for another creative year πŸ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! I think the only reason we were able to make it to 10:10 was because we both fell asleep in our chairs in the afternoon. I hadn't crocheted in years, but now that I'm back into it, it's hard to stop! I'm looking forward to our creative gathering in July!

      Delete
  7. Happy new year to you and your husband
    Another gorgeous blanket in progress
    Beautiful ice drops and shuttles

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is probably going to be the most colorful blanket in the world!!! ;)
    Great Ice Drops!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!