Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Early evening

Dave needed to mow grass, so that meant an early evening in for me... no branches to move today!


At lunchtime yesterday, one of the high school boys asked if I made bookmarks. He was referring to the ones my mom made for the seniors last year. I told him that my mom had made them, but that I also made bookmarks. He told me that he's set a goal of reading all the Harry Potter books this year, and that he would like to have a nice bookmark. How could I resist?

I didn't have time to warp a loom or look for the exact colors, but I did find some red and yellow in my stash. I neglected everything I needed to do this morning and crocheted a bookmark for Luke. He loved it!


My on-the-go tatting today was a Doodle Ice Drop in one of Karey Solomon's hand-dyed threads. I've lost the tag, so I don't remember the name of it, but I do like the color! I love Veronica's large hand-made shuttles. They're perfect for holding a full skein of hand-dyed thread!


I managed to crochet a few more rows on my Mud Cloth Inspired Throw. I think I'm done for the night. I've just run out of steam!

9 comments:

  1. A very lucky boy getting your bookmark. And lucky you too...that he wanted you to make him one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get very excited when kids ask me to make something for them!

      Delete
  2. Nice bookmark!! :)
    Very pretty Ice Drop!!! :)
    Looks like you are making wonderful progress on your throw!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that your mum’s bookmarks are coveted! Good that you could give Luke your version and encourage his reading goal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I told Mom, she laughed and promised to weave some more!

      Delete
  4. Looks be everything although the “mud-inspires “sure has a funny name.you are a true librarian, I love how you encourage reading in such amazing ways!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The name did lead me to research mud cloth... very interesting stuff!

      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bògòlanfini

      Delete
  5. What a very creative idea for bookmark👍💡💐 and I love that color thread icedrop it is fantastic ❤️ mud throw is working out well too💐

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!