Saturday, August 24, 2019

Two more down


Dave was out bright and early this morning, and he was able to take down the two trees he was most concerned about. Now that they're down on the ground, he's off to take care of other projects that need attention... finishing the second chicken coop, harvesting onions and potatoes, and fencing in another area for the chickens. The projects are never-ending!

I did fry up his duck egg for breakfast. It wasn't any ordinary duck egg; it was a double yolk duck egg! Dave didn't make any comment, which meant it tasted like an egg. I really didn't expect anything different!


While looking at patterns the other day, I came across Happy Occhi by Petra Tornack-Zimmermann, a book I purchased when it was published in 2012. I haven't looked at it in ages, let alone tat anything from it.


I decided to remedy that situation, and this morning I tatted Josephina. Don't look too closely. You'll see that at least three of my Josephine rings are less than stellar. The next time I tat this tiny motif (it's only 1" square), I think I'll use a lighter colored thread so that I can see my mistakes before closing the ring. The book is in German, but using my iPhone and Google Translate, I was able to read all of the instructions. I didn't really need to read the instructions, because the diagrams are very clear.


I haven't worked on my Eightsome Reel mat (pattern by Mary Konior) in a few days, so that was next on my to-do list. I ordered some more of Marilee Rockley's size 20 Lantana Citrus. I don't want to take any chances on running out!


I like to keep a tatting project in my purse, and lately that project has been Ice Drops. I know that once everything settles down at school I'll be able to accomplish quite a bit while I'm supervising students. This week, however, I didn't even complete one Ice Drop. So, I finished it up today. Blue and white makes me happy. What color combinations make you happy?

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Your husband's project list seems like mine! ;) But his sounds like much more muscle work than mine!!
    Love the tiny motif and the mat!! :) And another great Ice Drop! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave does most of the heavy lifting around here. My job is more moral support!

      Delete
  2. btw, I have an English translation of the Happy Occhi book. If you get tired of translating, let me know!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!